But wait! There's more!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Kærlig Hilsen

Helloooooo Friends and Family!! <3

Things are going great here in Roskilde - we're looking forward to a great week full of awesome lessons with awesome people, and awesome members present! The people here in Roskilde are really so sweet, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve them :)

One thing I love about being a missionary is the amount of trust that these people give us- I really do feel like I'm living up to my calling as a Representative of Christ!! The people I am privelaged to interact with and teach all strengthen my testimony each time I am able to be with them. Their sincere desire to find and follow Christ help me continually strive to be the best missionary, member, and person I can be :)

One of the investigators that has been on my mind a lot this previous week is an Indian man named Vino. In our most recent lesson, he laid down all of his feelings of pretty much being forsaken, and how he really trusted us and our ability to help him strengthen and develop his Testimony in God again. I always love it when I can teach and strengthen someone, and just see the Holy Ghost working inside of them. One of the greatest joys I have had on the mission is just witnessing the words coming out of my face making an impact on those I am talking to!
We had another amazing experience of strengthening a member - Julie. We went over to her house to help her with some garden work. At the end of the service appoinment, Sister Noorda closed with a beautiful prayer, and then Julie asked if she could also say a prayer. The prayer she gave was one of the most wonderful utterances I have been privilaged to hear!! She really spoke from her heart and communed with our Father in Heaven. The Spirit was so strong, and I know without a doubt that prayer is real - We really do communicate with our Heavenly Father, and He communicates back to us through the thoughts and feelings that we are individually and uniquely able to receive. :)

Sister Noorda and I are doing great!! She is such a champ, and so quick on her bike!! hahaha, I'm still getting used to these long bike trips all over Roskilde, and she's just zooming by :) She's a great missionary, and I'm thankful for the wonderful opportunity I have to serve with her!!

My health is doing fine! I am still constantly having issues with my heart - I'll have a ''blip'' multiple times, every day now for the past few weeks. I'm keeping a record of every time it happens. We're still waiting on receiving my Yellow Card (a Danish medical card), so once we get that, I'll head in to the doctors and see if there's anything they can do, or anything I can do to help it. Haha, I haven't passed out yet or anything, so for the time being, I'm just keeping an eye on it, drinking a lot of water, and waiting on that yellow card!

I love you all!! Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement and love :D You're all amazing!! <3


sending my love your way in a little hot air balloon!! hahaha, nah, it was just a fun photo op!!

-Sister Soelberg

No comments:

Post a Comment