But wait! There's more!

Monday, March 30, 2015

It's Not Easy Being Green

Happy Monday everyone :) You're all super great! I love hearing from you!! :)

It's been a much better week, in comparion with the past few! I have been feeling ship-shape and have had a great time going out and being a missionary :) 
With the start of the new transfer, our little District has been totally changed up! Each area, except for ours, had a companionship change, and some were pretty big. We have 2 new greenie elders in Herning and in Kolding, and good old Elder DeMordaunt is both training and was just made District Leader! It's a little stressful, but he's been handling it wonderfully!

It just so happened that the day the new elder in Kolding (Elder Jensen) arrived in his area, we had been in Kolding at an appointment with an investigator the elders handed over to us. Before the appointment, we had enough time to run by the Elder's appartment and deck out their door and drop off some ''Welcome to Denmark'' treats!!

After that Fun little adventure, and the wonderful decorating skills being exhibited, we went to an appointment with a wonderful elderly woman. She's been investigating the Church for almost a year now, and believes it's all true. She's just having difficulty giving up Smoking and drinking Coffee. It's really rough, but she's a sweet old woman, and she is working very hard at quiting :)
Later in the week, we met the rest of the new members of the District. Elder Eisert is still here, with Elder Zelewski (I have no idea if that's how it is spelled) are chilling in Fredericia, and Elder Kinch is staying in Herning with his new greenie Elder Halversen. It's a grand ol' group, and we're excited to keep the work going in the District :)

It's really entertaining speaking Danish to the new elders. I remember perfectly well how overwhelming it was for me, but I just cannot help myself! In District meeting, someone cracked a joke in Danish, and we all laughed, but I could see how incredibly jet-lagged and confused the new elders where. And then, talking on the phone to one of the new elders, he couldn't understand the Danish, so I switched over to English. After asking my question, he was silent for a few second, then asked, ''.....uh, was that English???'' Hahaha, I won't pick on them, but it's interesting to see the difference between a greenie and a 6 month-er. I'm looking forward to this next year still speaking Danish every day :)

So Yesterday was pretty exciting for me :) I actually translated in Church!! Sometimes, you really don't know how much of a language you know, until you have to translate from one to another to someone who doesn't understand it at all!! It feels really good to actually see how much my ability to Danish has progressed (jeg kan dansk!!! :D ) I was able to translate about 95% of what was said (except for one man's talk, who has an incredibly deep voice, speaks monotone, and mumbles and rumbles like an earthquake.....). Thank you so much for your prayers and support, they work!! :)

We had another exciting happening this past weekend, too! One of the investigators down in Kolding got baptized on Saturday, and confirmed on Sunday :) He's a very amazing man, and he is so happy to finally be baptized :) The baptism was wonderful, and we are so happy for him :)
And good news - the man who was baptized a few weeks ago is allowed to stay in the country! He was going in for his immigration interview the week he was baptized, and it's been great to see him at Church still in Denmark :) He will be receiving the Priesthood Sunday after next, because next Sunday is General Conference!!! :D

I'm really pumped to see Conference this weekend!! On the 4th, the Relief Society sisters are having a get together to watch it all together, so that's something great to look forward to :)

With Easter coming around the corner, I would like to remind you all about the new video that just came out this past weekend -  It's titled ''Because He Lives,'' and you can find it both on YouTube, and also on the homepage HeLives.mormon.org . It is a beautiful video, and it brings to our remembrance the true reason why we celebrate Easter - Because our Lord Jesus Christ lives :) This next week, I challenge you all to share the video with a friend, and to spend time pondering what the Savior's life and sacrifice has meant to you. The Savior means the world to me, and that is why I am here on a mission, teaching people about Christ. 
I know that my Redeemer Lives. I feel His love, and I know that he loves you, as well! As you take the time to learn more, not only about Him, from from Him and of Him, you will learn more about yourself, and feel His love :)

I love you all, and I wish you all the best :)

Med Kærlig Hilsen, 
Søster M Soelberg

#1 companionship :) Sometimes we get a little artsy



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment