But wait! There's more!

Monday, October 26, 2015

It hasn't snowed yet!!

Hello darling humans I call mine!! haha, I hope you have all had a stellar week, because life is great and full of happiness!!
I had a bit of a rough time this morning figuring out what I wanted so share with you all - I kept getting distracted by a million different things and topics to think about!! But luckily, I just spent the past 30 minutes reading emails I sent out from the beginning of my mission, (it was super fun, but took more time than I intended), and I found this old post where I used this helpful idea my dad sent me (shout out to you, you amazing human!!! <3). So, I'll let you know how this week played out with this little template :) enjoy!!

1. What has been your biggest challenge this week?

Probably trying to practically white-wash the area. That means that Sister Orr and I are working in an area that we have practically no experience with or ideas on what to do..... yeah, it's pretty fun, but we've actually been having a lot of success! :D The Lord really does provide, and He works miracles in the perfect way He does things <3 So really, there hasn't been toooooo big of a challenge, because the Lord is always with us :)

2. What has been your biggest concern?

Being as good of a missionary as Sister Orr!! She's such a babe!! She's such a strong missionary, and I've already learned so many new things from her!! It's amazing just how much you can learn from the people around you, and even more amazing when you've only known them for a week!!

3. What has been your biggest success?

I was hit with a strong bout of happiness yesterday during Church. The Young Women in the ward held a program during Sacrament meeting where they presented the difference YW values and spoke about them. One of the YW, named Naomi, and I had the chance to go on splits together down in Svendborg the week previous, and yesterday, during her talk, she mentioned a conversation we had while together which I had completely forgotten! Apparently, I said something to her that greatly (and thankfully positively) impacted her view of missionary work and her desire to serve a mission herself! I had entirely forgotten that brief moment, and when Naomi spoke about it, I felt so thankful for the companionship of the Spirit. I know that as we closely follow the promptings the Spirit gives us, we will be a blessing to those around us, and even be the means by which God can speak to His other children (slight reference to one of my favorite scriptures Mosiah 8:18). It was pretty sweet :)

4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?

Who isn't my favorite person!? haha, there are so many wonderful people, it's hard to find just one to talk about! haha, but I would probably have to say our beloved Sister Turpin. She and Elder Turpin are the Senior Missionary Couple here in Odense, and they are just the sweetest things. Sister Turpin has been through a lot in her life, and was even diagnosed with Cancer (which since has gone into remission) while here on the mission. But through all, she always has a smile on her face, and she makes everyone feel like the bees knees every day! If I could be one person, I would love to be her :) She's also very reliable and loving in the event of an emergency!!

5. What has been your most significant tender mercy (I'm going to name 2!! (: )?

Being able to be with Sister Sorensen on splits!! She's a new Sister Training Leader up in Horsens, and this past week they came down here to Odense :) It was great to be with her again, and to enjoy her sweet spirit!

ALSO!! Being able to speak to my darling cousin Elder Ericksen!! I got permission to call him last wednesday after he arrived in his first area, which is in Aarhus! It was great to be able to talk to him on the phone!! We're in different Zones, so we won't see each other too often, but we will be able to see each other on Thanksgiving up in Aahus at our Zone Conference :) I look forward to it!! FAMILY IS AWESOME!!

6. What are you looking forward to this coming week?

Having soooooo many more funny and happy moments with the Sisters here in Odense!! It's so fun to live in a 4-(wo)man apartment! 

7. Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.

Of course I have a goal! Missionaries always have goals!! haha, this one is pretty silly, though! I haven't been good at all with writing in my journal, so that's the #1 thing I want to work on in my spare time. But also, I want to continue to improve the ability to speak Danish! It's such a beautiful language, but even more so when it's spoken correctly!! hahaha

8. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?

I'm still absolutely loving Job 37:14 (note, this is the correct reference. The ref I sent out last week in my email was incorrect!!! whoops!!!)
It's been really great to think more and more about this scripture, and to be hit with such thanksgiving for the beautiful world we live in!! I am constantly pinching myself because I just cannot believe how beautiful this country is!


So there you have it! There are quite a few random things to talk about, but I hope this suffices to tell you all about how great life is here in Odense :) But to illustrate it even better, here are pictures from this week!!

Down in Svendborg, the cutest little city in the world!!


Silly street signs! That's not even a Danish word!!

The leaves are still changing up here :) Winter is coming, slowly but surely! I personally think it's cold enough!!

I found some more cats!! This one looks just like our little Butterscotch!! 


Have a great week!! I love you all!! <3

-Søster Soelberg

No comments:

Post a Comment