But wait! There's more!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Et Aar!

Hellige Avocadomos!! (I made guacamole = mashed avocado, just so it would look like a danish word! But avocadomos isn't a real word, so don't try quoting me on that! hahaha)

But anway- Holy Guacamole! It has been an entire year since I have been [at least set apart as] a missionary! Last October, between conference sessions on Sunday, I was set apart as a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints :) And just a few days later on October 8th, I reported to the MTC and experienced the craziest whirlwind of learning Danish and learning how to teach the Gospel to people who had never heard about it before! And here we are, a full year later (this week), teaching, praying, singing, and enjoying life in Danish! It has been a year of soooooooooooooooooo many new experiences and feelings, and I am thankful for every single one of them! :)

But as big of a ''landmark'' it is to hit One Year, it hasn't really hit me as something too incredibly overwhelming. All I know is that I have these last 6 months to really kick the Devil in the butt and spread as much love, good cheer, service, and light as possible :)

We are so blessed to have Prophets and Apostles in our day to lead and guide us, and a lot of the time, to really pump us up! Many of you listened to / watched the General Conference addresses delivered this past weekend. Here in Denmark, because of time zone differences, we can see the Saturday Morning and Sunday morning sessions live at 6 o'clock our time, and the Saturday evening and Sunday evening sessions at a later time (because they air live after the missionaries are in for the night). We saw the Saturday evening session yesterday morning, and will watch the Sunday evening session on wednesday :) I'm super stoked for that!!

But as I was saying - We are so blessed to have these amazing leaders in the Church, both Men and Women who inspire us and help us to become better people! God speaks directly through His chosen servants! As we read in the Scriptures, ''What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.'' What an amazing knowledge we have of the heavenly calling of our dear Prophet, Thomas S Monson, and the 12 Apostles of the Lord! I encourage all to listen to / watch the sessions of Conference again and again; and not only listen with your ears, but feel with your heart the words and impressions of the Spirit of God :) I received so many answers this past weekend, not only to questions I knew I had, but to questions I didn't even know I was asking! And I know that the same will happen for you <3

I love this opportunity I have to serve as a Missionary for the Lord, and I am frustrated by the fact that time just keeps on running away from me! There seems to not be enough time in the world to do all that I know I should do! Golly, I haven't even been able to write in my journal for the past few months (except for little sentences here and there) because there are always so many things to do, and just not enough time!! But I promise I will be better at this thing called life! I'm working on it! hahaha

Sorry this email is a bit short today, I hope you can all forgive me :) Until next time, enjoy this wonderful statue/fountain - one of the many strange things you see all the time in Denmark


This week 

¤wedid a ''Plan of Salvation'' chalk drawing contacting activity!!
Europe!!! Thanks Ældste Amos for drawing the beautiful continents on the world!


​¤ made some cookies (I made a kangaroo/neopleurodon cookie)

​it was a major success


¤And Ældste Gifford stole my camera


​thank you Elder....


I love you all!! <3 Have a fantastic week!!! :)

-Søster Soelberg




No comments:

Post a Comment