But wait! There's more!

Monday, July 6, 2015

Det Gaar!!

I hope you have all had a great week, og at det har gaaet (also spelled gået) godt!! Sister Landvatter and I have had a busy one full of contacting and working hard! Sister Landvatter is such a champ, and a joy to work with!
We're both working hard to find new investigators, and as a part of that, we're getting creative in our methods of contacting people! This past week, the city has been full of people here to enjoy Roskilde Fest, a huge music festival held just outside of the city. The music has been so loud that we can hear it from pretty much anywhere. This photo was taken while the tunes of Muse was gracing us through the air -



We spent some time out there along the borders of the festival before and after the music, talking to people and having a great time with a little ukulele I picked up in Vejle- people seem to be much more cheerful and happy when the uke is brought into the scene
 
Roskilde really is the ''Dream City'' for music lovers during the Fest!!

We talked with some really great people, and found a few to refer to the missionaries in other parts of Denmark. The Elders out in Taastrup came out to contact the remnants of the festival with us last night, and they experienced a wonderful miracle with a man from Poland. You just never know where/how/when you will find people who are ready to accept the Gospel of Christ into their lives!

This morning during our studies, I was reading through the latest edition of the Ensign magazine, and read the article ''Of Lambs and Shepherds'' from President James E Faust (https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/07/of-lambs-and-shepherds?lang=eng). To shorten the story, President Faust speaks to us about an experience he had as a lad, where on one occasion he learned just how important it is to be a true shepherd for those whom we have responsibility over. In his account, he failed to properly protect a beloved lamb, who had been a dear friend in his childhood, and who as a result of the neglect was killed by another animal. 
Sister Landvatter and I thought over this story and likened it to our relationship with our Beloved Savior and Shepherd, Jesus Christ. In moments of distress and fear, as we are crying out in the stormy night for succor and support, the Savior is always running to our side to sustain us and help us through our trials. In President Faust's story, he (pres Faust) failed to run to the aid of his lamb all because he did not want to leave his warm, safe, and dry bed, despite the cries of the lamb and the worsening  of the storm outside. When we imagine what the Savior has done for us in relation to this example in the story, we realize that our Savior will really put everything on hold, every comfort to the side, and every selfish desire on the back-burner, in order to give us the comfort and protection and guidance we are in need of. We are reminded of this Great Sacrifice in the Book of Nephi, chapter 19 verse 9 : ''And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge [Christ] to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.''
I am eternally grateful for the love that Christ has for me, and for all of these my brothers and sisters around me in this strange but beautiful land called Denmark. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to learn more about the Savior and His sacrifice, and to spread the good news of His gospel to others. And I know that as I work my hardest and do my best, I will be worthy and qualified to have His Spirit to be with me, and to recieve the guidance and support to accomplish the work that is, and always has been, His.

This Onsdag (wednesday) marks my 9 month ''halfway'' mark for my mission. It has been an amazing experience thus far, and I am excited to see what else comes my way :) I have learned so much more than I thought I ever could in such a short period of time, and I have seen the Gospel work miracles in the lives of those around me. I love this work, and I love this people :)


********

As a bit of a side-note, we now have a new Mission President!! President and Sister O'Bryant have officially arrived in The Land! A big shout-out and welcome to them :) It's going to be great getting to know them and working along side them in this great work <3

Med Kærlig Hilsen,
Søster Morgan B Soelberg


​the bus almost spelled it right - just change the H to an E ;) but to give it credit, it's not a Danish bus



No comments:

Post a Comment