But wait! There's more!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Answers to Prayers

It's amazing just how much God knows us personally!
I remember just a few years ago, I began to understand the true meaning of that beautiful truth. I wondered how on Earth can God know each and every one of us perfectly, and love us so completely?? There are just so many people! And we do so many different things, and have so many different interests and loves and joys and goals and plans and fears and struggles and pains, and yet God can take each of us and guide us smoothly and perfectly in a way that seamlessly affects the world around us. How?! I just couldn't comprehend it. But I believed it. I believed it because I felt that it was true, with the peaceful and sweet feeling of understanding and love that the Spirit speaks to my heart and my mind.

I have thought a lot about this concept in the past few weeks. We work with a young man here in Slagelse named Sandor. He has been through a lot in his life, and doesn't know if there even is a god, let alone the Loving God that we as missionaries teach and testify about! Well, Sandor has asked us questions about how he can come to feel such a love for and from God- the love that he can see in our eyes and our hearts every time he meets with us. So naturally, my mind has been a little more inclined towards this topic as I've tried to know how to perfectly help Sandor- and if I can't help him perfectly, I can still work as hard as I can and allow the Spirit to truly teach him of the Truth.

Last P-day, we ended the day with the Young Adults with a ''Family Home Evening'' activity, and right there, in that night, I recieved an answer to prayer :) The Elders Bradshaw and Dickson shared the spiritual thought, which they pulled from the 3rd Book of Nephi in the Book of Mormon :) In this chapter (ch. 13) Christ has appeared to the Nephites, the people living on the American Continents after His ressurrection. Christ gives the Sermon on the Mount to the people there as well, and in verses 25-34 (found also in Matthew 6), tells the disciples,

''Remember the words which I have spoken. For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.''
As we read these verses, I felt the Spirit speak so sweetly to my sjæl, and I knew that it was a message I needed directly from the Lord. The scriptures we have before us are for our benefit and learning, and we can recieve direct answers to prayer through them :) The many prophets that have written their testimonies and experiences have done so with our benefit in mind- and there have been countless men and women in the history of the world who have put down their lives just so that we as a whole world can have the Holy Scriptures available for everyone and anyone at any time! So please, read the scriptures, and use them for what they are meant for- to strengthen your faith and the faith of those around you!

This week, we as missionaries around the World had the opportunity to watch a special Missionary Broadcast :) We didn't get to see it live here in Denmark, but we did see it the day after it was broadcast- we can recieve so many personal answers for our own lives and the lives of those we have a responsibility for as we listen to and apply the messages and divine guidance we receive from our inspired leaders! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am STOKED for General Conference in just a few short weeks!! (even though it will actually be my last weekend as a Full-time Missionary...) I challenge all of you to prepare yourselves for the great Spiritual experience that it is to listen to the Prophet and Apostles and other leaders that we are blessed with here in this dispensation :) <3

Another part of this week that helped me to learn a great deal of my eternal and divine potential was the tender experience of partaking of the Sacrament. For such a simple ordinance, it has such a huge impact on our lives. There was something about my experience yesterday at church that just made the Spirit touch my heart so deeply and intensely as I partook of the Sacrament. I can't explain what I experienced, but I know how I felt and I cannot deny the love and peace that rushed through me as I turned myself once again to the Savior. I am forever grateful for the opportunity we have every week to renew the blessed covenant of baptism- to promise again to always remember and follow Christ, and to do all that we can to be even better in the coming week!

As I have learned and grown in the past few years, I have come to learn that our Father in Heaven is all knowing and ever able to direct us, because He is our Father :) We lived with our Heavenly Parents before we came to this earth, and They raised our young spirits as long and as lovingly as they could before we were ready to take the next step in our eternal progression by coming here to Earth and experience Mortal Life :) As our Parents, They knew our mannerisms and the way we think through things and make choices, making it possible for our Heavenly Father to understand how events in the world will play out, all based on our own choices. God doesn't force things to happen His way, but He knows and understands how things will all work out. Because they will all work out :) We don't need to worry about the future or the past, because God's plan of Happiness encompasses us completely from Eternity to Eternity :)

It is my prayer that all of you I have this weekly contact with will always reflect on the Wonderful Message of the Gospel, and apply it to your lives every day :) Consider the Lillies, and consider your own blessed and important existence!! 

I love each and every one of you SO much :) and I hope that you all have a splendid week full of understanding and peace and success in all that you set out to do <3

Jeg elsker jer så højt, og jeg håber at I kan føle den kærlighed der kommer fra Gud hver dag! Ha' det godt, og vi snakkes næste uge! <3

Med kærlig hilsen,
Søster Soelberg


​​Us four missionaries in Slagelse (Elder Bradley Dickson, Sister Andrea Keller, me, and Elder Jed Bradshaw) have all started our own band- and this is the first look at our first album cover ;) hahaha, complete with a selfie-stick!!


​Sister Keller and I enjoyed a cute little snowy path on the way home the other night :) Denmark is just so darling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment