But wait! There's more!

Monday, February 9, 2015

No Longer Green

Hello my dear friends and Family!! As you could probably guess from the title of this weeks email, I am no longer a Greenie!! I finished up my 12 weeks training program yesterday, and now I am a full-flung missionary! And, to mark the occasion - TRANSFERS!

We found out on Friday what was going to happen during this transfer season. I had become a little anxious - Søster Sorensen started training me right after she was trained, so the possibility was there for me to train someone this transfer. But alas, it was not to be! But Søster Sorensen did leave Vejle :( She's now down in Odense, and I'm hear to lead out :) It's a little stressful, but I think I can do it!! :) My New Companion is Søster Woster, from California, and she's a completely different person than Søster Sorensen! They may both call Cali their homes, but their personalities are totally opposite! I love them both to death already, though!! Søster Woster is tough and witty and so good at Danish that I don't want to speak it around her, just in case I'm not understandable!! Hahaha, but thankfully, she's already told me that my Danish is absolutely fine! It's obviously not as good as hers, but that's where improvement comes into play anyway :)

I'm extremely excited to get the Work here in Vejle on a constant upward slope :) Leading out, I'm already feeling the stress, but stress is always a good thing, right?? :) LET'S DO THIS!! Even though I'm not a greenie anymore, I think my Greenie Fire is burning as strongly as ever this week!! :)

I thought I'd answer some quick questions sent to me this week :)

1. What has been your biggest challenge this week?

This Past week, I've been dealing with the stress of leading out an area! I don't have Søster Sorensen with me to tell me what bus to get on and when! Thankfully, I've been making sure I remember all that!

2. What has been your biggest concern?

Leading out the area......I don't want to forget anyone or leave anyone out!!!

3. What has been your biggest success?

I gave a talk in Danish this past Sunday at Church!! I was super nervous, but everyone told me they could understand me!! So that's always a plus!! hahaha

4. Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?

SØSTER SØRENSEN!! Definitely! I'll miss that crazy hippie lady! But we'll see each other at Stake Conference and Zone Traning :) So that's good!

5. What has been your most significant tender mercy?

I was talking to a man at the Bus Station this past Friday. He didn't speak Danish, and thankfully he spoke English, so I was able to communicate freely with him :) The Danish is coming, slowly, but surely!!
I talked to this man about a number of Things about our church, and he was continually gaining interest and asking more questions. It was getting to be the last few minutes we can be outside, so Søster Sorensen and I had to head home, but at the end of my conversation with this man, I asked if we could say a prayer with him. He said I could, and in very choppy English (my goodness, it's soooo hard to pray in English now!!), I prayed for him and his Family. At the end of the prayer, as we were saying goodbye and exchanging contact information, he told me that he was feeling a very special feeling right then during that prayer, one he can't completely explain. He had tears in his eyes as he thanked me, and I felt the Spirit so strongly!! Sadly, he doesn't live in Vejle, but he'll hopefully contact the number we gave hime for where he lives!! The Spirit Works Wonders, and I'm so thakful for this opportunity to make a difference in someone's life!

6. What are you looking forward to this coming week?

We contacted a woman on the street the other day, WHO is very excited us to come over :) Our appoinment with her is solid, and it's going to be amazing! We also have 3 other potential investigators we'll meet with this week, and a number of other people we have talked with! It's going to be great!

7. Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.

A funny, practical goal: Time to crack down on my eating habits! The Christmas season is over, and even though Denmark still has so many Pastries I have yet to try, I will not eat them!! We'll see how long this lasts! hahaha

8. Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?

3 Nephi 22:10. This scripture is so absolutely beautiful, and I am forever grateful for the knowledge that I will always have God with me :)
I hope you all have a fantastic week this week! I love getting your messages!! I look forward to telling you more stories about the crazy adventures of Søster Soelberg and Søster Woster in Vejle! :)
Med Venlig Hilsen,
Søster Soelberg

sometimes, there's just no one aruond to talk to. No one but the birds, and even they won't take our Cards!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment